Morgan Hill is a picturesque small city just south of San Jose. It is named after Hiram Morgan Hill who had a country home in the area after acquiring the land from the Murphy family. He gave his name to the land which was incorporated in 1906. Originally Morgan Hill was a community of ranchers and farmers. The city still has ranches and farms although it has evolved into a neighborhood community for high tech employees that prefer to commute to work. Several high tech companies call Morgan Hill home as part of the Silicon Valley.
Those who commute to San Jose are sometimes interested in public transportation options. Today, there are three different public transportation options. These options include Cal Train, VTA buses and carpooling.
Nearby parks include Anderson Lake and Uvas Canyon County Parks, Coyote Creek Parkway bike path and Henry Coe State Park.
The average home price in Morgan Hill is $887,000 (2015)
Average rent in Morgan Hill $2,050 (2015)
Temperatures vary between an average annual low of 50 degrees and an average annual high of 73 degrees.
Morgan Hill is 30 minutes away from San Jose International airport.
The average yearly household income is $99,243 as compared to the US average of $52,250. The minimum wage in Morgan Hill is $10.00 per hour.
Morgan Hill is well known for their wineries, mushrooms, peppers, pitted fruit (cherries, apricots and peaches) and garlic all grown in the area.
Population 40,836 (2013)
South County Active Lifestyle in Morgan Hill
Here is a partial list of activities with locations offered in Morgan Hill:
• Aquatics Swim Center, Condit Road
• Centennial Indoor Recreational Center, W. Edmundson Avenue
• Downtown Wine Strolls – twice yearly
• Farmers Market every Saturday, May – November, Depot Street
• Coyote Creek Bike Trail which runs from Morgan Hill to south San Jose
• Friday Night Music programs, downtown Morgan Hill during the summer months
• Henry Coe State Park, 25 minutes from downtown Morgan Hill on E. Dunne Avenue
• July 4th 2-day celebration with downtown parade over 100 years in operation
• Lake Anderson, largest Santa Clara County reservoir
• Morgan Hill Bowl, including billiards and indoor bocce ball, Tennant Station
• Morgan Hill Historical Society Museum, Monterey Road
• Morgan Hill Library, Main Avenue
• Morgan Hill Mushroom Mardi Gras, downtown festival
• Morgan Hill Poppy Jasper Film Festival, various theaters throughout town
• Morgan Hill Skate Park, W. Edmundson Avenue
• Outdoor Sports Center and Soccer Fields, Condit Road
• Senior Center, W. Edmundson Avenue
• Taste of Morgan Hill annual downtown festival