San Martin is a small, unincorporated town infused with local charm and located in between Morgan Hill and Gilroy. This small town is named after St. Martin of Tours who was the patron saint of early pioneer Martin Murphy. Martin built the first Catholic Church in San Martin.
Like Morgan Hill and Gilroy, San Martin produces garlic, mushrooms, and wine. San Martin is home to the upscale, beautiful CordeValle Country Club.
San Martin has a small airport, South County Airport, and a nearby Wings of History aviation museum.
Dogs and cats can be adopted at the South County Animal Shelter.
The population is 7,027 (2010)
The median household income is $92,261
The average home sale price is $1,455,000 (2015)
South County Active Lifestyle in San Martin. Here is a partial list of activities and locations in San Martin:
• Annual Happy Days Classic Car Show
• Clos LaChance Winery and summer music program
• CordeValle Resort and Golf Course
• Harvey Bear Equestrian Park, San Martin Avenue
• Many horseback riding stables throughout the town
• Practice Diamond Batting Cage, Monterey Hwy
• Uesugi Farms Pumpkin Patch, Monterey Road
• Wings of History Airplane Museum, Murphy Avenue